Gearboy is an emulator which allows your to play GameBoy and GameBoy Color games, this emulator is developed by Ignacio Sanchez also known as Dr Helius who is an indie game developer and a Software Architect. Gearboy mimics functions of GameBoy to run games, it is available for several devices like Windows, Mac, Raspberry Pi, Linux, iOS and Android. It has some features that come quite handy like saving your progress every time, unlike other emulators who lag a lot Gearboy allows you to play games at real game speed. Other features are having highly accurate instruction timing, mixed frames, sound emulation, integrated disassembler, compressed ROM support and it doesnt drain a lot of battery. Some newly added upgrades are realistic colors, fixed resetting sound issue, now supports additional gamepads and joystick, now you can play music while playing games and more. Gearboy has been redesigned for iOS to give the best results.
You can download the latest version of Gearboy from TweakBox which is a third party app store available to download on all iOS devices may it be iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch. You need to have iOS 9 or later. TweakBox has all top trending apps and games which are completely free to download, this app store also supports modded apks and has tweaks that you can download to enhance your device’s performance. There is no need to jailbreak your iOS device to download TweakBox.
Download Gearboy from TweakBox
- Download TweakBox from Safari Browser.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Navigate to Settings >> General Settings >> Device Management >> and tap “Trust TweakBox”.
- Install and run TweakBox.
- Type Gearboy in the search bar provided above.
- Download the first suggestion.
- You may need to go to Settings>> Device Management >> and “Trust Gearboy”.
- Now download your favourite game ROMs and place them in Gearboy files.
- Run Gearboy and enjoy playing your favourite retro games.